- was born Scott Kent: parents divorced when he was 2 years old.
Birthday: October 27, 1967
Spouse- Mary Forsberg- May 2000 (1 Child- Noah Mercer Weiland : November 19, 2000
- Grew up in Chagrin Falls, Ohio with his mother, a real estate agent, and step-father.
- Spent summers with his father in California.
- Step-brother ((who was 9 months younger than him) was hit by a car and killed when Scott was 10.
- Had an imaginary friend named Poogus when he was 11.
- Moved to Orange County in CA when he was 14 with his mom and step-dad
- He was carried out of music class on a stretcher when he was 16.
- Started a band called Awkward Positions (later called Swing) with his friend Corey
- Dropped out of Orange County College
- Met Robert DeLeo at a Black Flag concert.